Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
Point of Contact:
Debra Heesemann – [email protected]
Human Resources Manager
10 Skyline Drive
Plainview, NY 11803
Director of Manufacturing
Program and Set-Up various CNC machines.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Program and Set-Up Tornos Deco2000, Tornos EvoDeco & Tornos Swiss Nano.
- Program and Set-Up Mori Seiki NTX/NT1000.
- Develop production process for new projects.
- Maintain effectiveness and efficiency of the production schedule.
- Selecting cutting tools and work holding tools for new projects.
- Provide training to machine operators for each new set-up process.
- Maintain and improve daily productivity.
- Troubleshoot minor machine errors, program errors.
- Daily production startup.
- Report job status/progress to Production Supervisor.
- Maintain quality and safety control standards.
- Effectively work with other departments to achieve the common goal
Required to be able to speak and understand the English language enough to understand the written and verbal instructions provided by management or other coworkers. Maintain and display a positive attitude and behavior in the workplace.
Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts – Lock Out Tag Out experience required.
- The employee is exposed to household and industrial chemicals and if improperly used may cause serious injury – Adherence to Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years set up experience in house or previous employer.
- Programming: In-house training and trade school or minimum 2 years programming experience with Swiss Screw machines of equivalent or greater complexity as Tornos Deco2000.
- 2 years min Swiss Screw Machine operation experience.