Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
Swiss Screw Operator
Point of Contact:
Debra Heesemann – [email protected]
Human Resources Manager
10 Skyline Drive
Plainview, NY 11803
Swiss Screw Operator
The Machine Operator’s primary job is to control the process provided to him/her by the applications engineer. Identify dimensional deviations by measuring part according to inspection plan and keep dimensions within 50% of the tolerance. Change inserts, remove chips, insure a good oil flow, clean collets as needed to insure a stable reliable process. Its important to anticipate the upcoming issues and prevent them. Finding bad parts or broken tools is a product of poor process understanding or lack of attention.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Consult with suppliers, management, and personnel in other departments to determine manufacturing processes to ensure the accuracy of quotes.
- Break down the manufacturing process by operations and inspections including any parts, tools, and equipment needed.
- Confer with customers to resolve issues and/or questions.
- Liaison with Engineering, Logistics, Production, and Customers to coordinate production and customer delivery needs.
- Compile, review and analyze data to generate quotes.
- Creates manufacturing process plans for details and assemblies, including, but not limited to, determining material sizes, finishing/polishing requirements, plating requirements and quality requirements.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of measuring instruments.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Working knowledge of various materials & tools (inserts, endmills, drills ).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills and positive can-do attitude (Basic English required).
- Must be dependable and possess a willingness to learn new techniques.
- Working knowledge of Fanuc controls is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Swiss Screw Machines is required. (Tornos, Star, Citizen, TsugamiSwiss).
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- All Employees are required to be able to speak and understand English language enough to understand the written and verbal instructions provided by management or other co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced deadline orientated environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Hand and eye protection may be required at times.