Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
Supply Chain Planner
Due to ongoing business expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner to join our Supply Chain Team based in our Waterford site. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, this role will be responsible for the planning of customer order requirements in line with agreed service levels. This role will have direct responsibility for the day to day customer account management and production planning requirements across both manufacturing and assembly areas of the business.
Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Manager
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Planning of customer order requirements in line with agreed service levels.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the day to day planning activities for customer accounts.
- Develop and communicate production schedules to the key stakeholders, both from a repeat production and a new production introduction perspective.
- Attending daily production team meetings and working directly with the operations team to ensure customer requirements are met, prioritising as required.
- Creating planned orders within the ERP system and ensuring these are kept up to date as per schedules.
- Continual communication with internal customers (warehouse, purchasing, QA) to ensure daily material availability for operational areas of the business.
- Plan and schedule Finished Goods distribution in line with customer order ship dates.
- Managing, analysing, and actioning customer forecast data.
- Optimising stock levels onsite while maintaining agreed service levels and material ordering policy parameters.
- Responsible for all day to day customer account management.
- Ensuring the customer is kept up to date with progress against agreed schedules.
- Managing customer provided materials onsite at Schivo and requirements for same.
- Liaise across all levels within the customer as required, cross-functional and senior management as well as day to day contacts.
Other essential duties and responsibilities:
- Support and manage supply chain KPIs.
- Ensuring all quality and GMP standards are met.
- Compliance with all site Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements, training, and regulations.
- To perform additional team tasks as required to support the effective running of the business.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications and experience criteria:
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Preferably have a formal Supply Chain Management qualification, e.g. APICS, IIPMM, or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in a dynamic high product mix manufacturing environment with hands-on production planning experience, preferably in a medical device or a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Must have ERP systems experience with SAP, or equivalent ERP system.
- Must be highly computer literate in Excel and Microsoft office packages.
- Must have experience in managing customer relationships and be able to liaise effectively within all levels of our own business as well as within the customers’ business.
- Proven track record in interpreting customer demand and production schedules in complex volume manufacturing environments, from single piece parts to multi-level assemblies.
- Must be detail orientated with the ability to prioritize and organize tasks to deliver on business objectives within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative with strong problem solving and decision-making abilities, while also working as part of a multi-function team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral essential.