Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
Quality Control Inspector
Quality Control Inspector
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Quality Control Inspectors ensure that raw materials, sub-components, and finished products meet with the company and customer quality specifications in compliance with ISO13485 and AS9100 requirements.
They are responsible for inspecting and measuring parts and assemblies as required by drawing, SOP, or Work Instruction.
The Quality Control Inspector will also be involved with investigations into non-conformances and customer complaints, performing internal audits, preparing SOP’s and templates, assisting in Validations, and troubleshooting Quality issues.
- Detail and quality focused.
- Ability to read and understand complex drawings.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to translate skills and knowledge to others.
- Industry awareness Experience and Knowledge.
- Technical Qualification in Science or Engineering preferred.
- Experience in quality control or quality assurance position in a regulated industry or 2+ in a manufacturing environment within process quality checks.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Quality check incoming parts to the lab.
- Audit and monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company’s quality assurance policies and customer specifications.
- File incoming component device history records.
- Conduct inspections at First Article, in-process, in-coming, and completes the final inspections.
- Document and report inspection findings and results.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical, and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Perform first article inspections to support the component qualification process.
- Input and perform trending of key inspection process metrics.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions. Communicate with project engineers to ensure the final product complies with the relevant schematic drawings.
- Ensure that work areas and equipment are maintained in accordance with GMP standards.
- Ensure that any maintenance and Health and Safety problems/issues are reported.
- Maintain company Health and Safety standards including PPE (safety shoes, company uniform, safety glasses etc.).
- Ensure compliance with company procedures at all times.
The employee is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s). Working at heights will be a requirement for this position. Performs safety related duties as assigned.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to safety glasses and company uniform.
Must be flexible to support the company as needed.
** This list is not an exhaustive list of duties; you may be required to fulfill other Ad Hoc duties anywhere throughout the company as required.