Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
Point of Contact:
Debra Heesemann – [email protected]
Human Resources Manager
10 Skyline Drive
Plainview, NY 11803
The Project Engineer will coordinate and manage engineering and technical development projects.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with project staff to create a strategic action plan and cost estimates of materials, time, labor, and other resources required to complete the project.
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of project plans and designs.
- Recommends and/or analyzes materials, equipment, and practices used in the project.
- Assesses the competence, capabilities, resources, and financial status of vendors.
- Supervises progress of development project.
- Compares the actual cost of development project to estimates.
- Analyzes equipment, systems, processes, and systems to identify modifications to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
- Prepares periodic progress and cost reports for leadership.
- Ensures compliance with codes, guidelines, best practices, and policies.
- Collaborates with the operations department to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requirements analysis.
- Project management.
- Manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Process improvement.
- Technical understanding.
- Documentation skills.
- Safety management.
- Troubleshooting abilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Process, or other related discipline required.
- 5+ years of project experience working in the manufacturing industry required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- 5 years’ experience and knowledge with blueprint reading.