Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
The Main Purpose of the Role:
You will be required to lead and manage a production team in a high-volume precision manufacturing environment, governed by ISO 13485.
You will have the overall responsibility to track and move work orders through the plant.
The Production Supervisor will work to ensure that all products are produced in line with schedules driven by planning and the production controller.
Responsible for ensuring that productivity goals are achieved and setting the direction for the team to accomplish these goals through performance management.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a busy production environment, ideally precision engineering.
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a production environment essential.
- Experience managing teams of 15+ people.
- Experience with performance management and team development.
- SAP and Excel intermediate level.
- CNC Machining experience (milling preferred).
- Production Planning experience desirable.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Ensuring quality standards are achieved in order to meet customer requirements.
- You will be required to ensure all work is captured on SAP and all changes to requirements should be reflected on SAP.
- Deliver on daily Production Schedule.
- Manage weekly Open Sales Order Report.
- Work with production coordinator to execute plan, manage overtime to ensure that agreed schedules can be executed in full.
- Provide support and insight on machine performance and operator performance and address them.
- Ensure that any maintenance and Health and Safety problems/issues are reported.
- Coordinate with lead hands on production off shift.
- Be flexible and support where needed.
- Ensure your area is audit ready at all times.
- Ensure expectations are communicated clearly to people.
- Plan and coordinate training for new and developed machinist.
- Maintain a training matrix for each team member.
- Ensure that team is up to date on training for roles, machines, and duties.
- Coordinate and support training in line with the training matrix.
- Proactively communicate with operators through informal discussions, 1:1, and team briefs to ensure a two-way flow of relevant timely feedback.
- Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximize the performance of all staff.
- Identify and deliver development plans and PIPs.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the Company Code of Practice.
- Take part in disciplinary processes and investigations where required.
Health & Safety:
- Manage health, safety, and loss control in their area of responsibility in order to comply with company standard requirements.
- Ensure Health and safety compliance
- Complete/support in, risk assessments where needed
** This list is not an exhaustive list of duties; you may be required to fulfill other Ad Hoc duties anywhere throughout the company as required.