Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
Business Unit Manager
The Main Purpose of the Role:
As production Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing team leadership to a group of employees committed to a Quality First principle and a desire for Continuous Improvement regarding productivity and efficiency. You will support customer demand within the business unit, identify and analyse problems, plan tasks and solutions and you will provide guidance to your team on development opportunities, performance, and metrics. You will report to functional and/or organisation management on team accomplishments, achievements, and metrics.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to work to own initiative.
Experience & Knowledge
- 5-10 years experience in a busy production environment, ideally precision engineering.
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a production environment is essential.
- Experience managing teams of 15+ people.
- Experience with performance management and team development.
- SAP and Excel intermediate level.
- Production Planning experience desirable.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Implement a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, and coordinating the selection process with human resources.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate, and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Manage coordinate and execute training plans – ensuring training compliance against training matrix.
- Lead and coordinate department-specific induction requirements.
- Monitor daily work operations and provides direction to the team to achieve unit or departmental goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests, and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect individuals within the assigned unit or department.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures in line with the ISO 13485 standard.
- Develops work schedules for the department by assessing priorities, workload, and available resources.
- Demonstrate strong leadership influence within peer group to enhance results-orientated culture.
Health & Safety
- Manage health, safety and loss control in their area of responsibility in order to comply with company standard requirements.
- Ensure Health and safety compliance.
- Complete/support in, risk assessments where needed.