Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The position is that of a Machine Setter. Responsible for looking after and taking responsibility for the production of the product and the setting of Repeat Product on any particular Machine Tool that he/she is trained to operate. Also responsible for machine Programming, Setting, and Proving out new Products. You are expected to achieve defined set up times and cycle times and in cases where this is not achieved work with manufacturing engineering to close the gap. Responsible for creating and contributing to the creation of work instructions so that each process can be handed back to senior operators for repeat work.
- Ability to set and operate milling or turning CNC machines.
- Previous precision machining experience.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Experience using various measuring equipment.
- Ensure that the machine is operated in a safe manner in accordance with the operating manual.
- Ensure coolant and oil levels are maintained.
- Set up repeat Jobs in line with work instructions.
- Adhere to set up times and if one cannot meet the times inform the Section Team leader.
- Set up New Jobs in line with Customer requirements and SPL internal SOPs
- Program new work in line with Customer requirements and SPL internal SOPs.
- Support engineering with the planning of processes on New or Changed products.
- Conduct Manufacturing reviews of new drawings as part of Engineering Review.
- Feedback to Manufacturing Engineering and contribute to Root Cause analysis of manufacturing issues as and when required.
- Ensure cycle times are within acceptable limits and report to supervisor if they are not.
- Ensure that all products are measured and recorded in line with all requirements.
- Constantly monitor products and address any and all non-conformances.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and be pro-active on H&S issues.
- Adhere to cGMP standards and continually ensure that SOPs are followed.
- Keep yourself up to date with relevant SOPs and work practices.
- Work within all aspects of the Health & Safety programme and adhere to company safety policies at all times.
Expectations Of Role:
- Efficiency >95%.
- PPE adherence 100%.
- Work order adherence 100%.
- GDP errors < x%.
- Correct clocking procedures.
- Have machine ready for next operator coming on shift.
- Ensure the product has been moved to next stage production by end of shift.