Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
In partnership with our customers, we design, develop, and manufacture a diverse range of essential medical technology solutions that support disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Working with us, you will be manufacturing or supporting the manufacture of a vast array of different products including robotic surgery instruments, neurosurgical tools, ENT aspiration devices, cardiovascular closure devices and so on that treat chronic disease in new ways so people can live better and longer. You will tackle a wide array of problems, including some of the world’s greatest medical challenges and you will be part of a company committed to helping you build a fulfilling life and a rewarding career.
Main Tasks of the job:
- Support the Engineering team in delivering production support and troubleshooting.
- Preparation of In- house Drawings and CAD support for the Engineering team.
- Preparation of jigs and fixtures.
- Preparation of work instructions.
- Ensure adherence to the Production System (Process SOPs, CNC Programmes).
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that operational support is given and project goals are met.
- Proactively investigate, define, propose and deliver continuous improvements for processes, accompanied by the appropriate level of investment appraisal.
- Become operationally aware of process waste and actively seek solutions to reduce their effect.
- Support the manufacturing engineering team in the continuous assessment, appreciation, and implementation (where possible) of the latest manufacturing practices to support the progress of the company.
- Keep yourself up to date with relevant SOPs and work practices.
- Work within all aspects of the Health & Safety programme and adhere to company safety policies at all times.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing/mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- Previous exposure to manufacturing environments’ highly desirable.
- Solution focused.
- Comfortable using data analysis techniques.
- Ability to present data in a meaningful way.
- Comfortable working on several projects at once.