Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Operations Manager
Main Purpose of the job:
The Production Supervisor will work to ensure that all products are produced in line with schedules driven from planning.
Required to lead and manage a production team in a high-volume precision manufacturing environment, governed by ISO 13485.
Overall responsibility to track and move work orders through the plant.
Skills & Competencies:
- CNC Machining experience
- Milling experience preferred
- SAP and Excel intermediate level
Experience and Knowledge:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a busy production environment
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a production environment essential
- Experience managing teams of 15+ people
- Experience with performance management and team development
Key Duties/ responsibilities:
Production and operations
- You will be required to ensure all work is captured on SAP and all changes to requirements should be reflected on SAP.
- Monitor and update production schedule
- Deliver on daily Production Schedule
- Manage weekly Open sales Order Report
- Ensure that there is a controlled amount of work and material in front of each resource at all times.
- Coordinate with Process Engineers on all quality and processing / tooling decisions
- Schedule plant activities to obtain maximum throughput in accordance with overall plan to meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with Planning to ensure that the schedules are not being overloaded and meet the allocated work hours.
- Manage shifts, and overtime to ensure that agreed schedules can be executed in full. This is a very critical part of the job function and it is vital that you do not let the various schedules get out of control.
- Planning and coordinate training for new and development machinist.
- Provide support and insight on machine performance and operator performance
- Work with operations manager on tooling improvements in section.
- Quality Standards – Maintain site quality standards and audits at all times on the factory floor in terms of GMP, quality, SOP’s. New and updated procedures must be rolled out in a timely fashion and assessments completed where deemed necessary. Training records must be updated to reflect all training conducted.
- Ensure that all control points and signatures are in place and we are fully compliant.
- Ensuring quality standards are achieved in order to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure expectations are communicated clearly to people.
- Ensure that team are up to date on training for role
- Coordinate and support training in line with the training matrix
- Ensure in the performance and development of your people.
- Proactively communicate with operators through informal discussions, 1:1 and team briefs to ensure a two-way flow of relevant timely feedback.
- Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximize the performance of all staff.
- Identify and deliver development plans and PIPs.
- Monitor and ensure Compliance to Company Code of Practice.
- Take part in disciplinary processes and investigations where required
Factory Environment, wearing of PPE is required.
We are an equal opportunities employer.