Machine Operator - Level 3 - Setter
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Section Supervisor
Main Purpose of the job:
The position is that of a Machine Operator (Setters). Responsible for looking after and taking responsibility for the production of product and the setting of Repeat Product on any particular Machine Tool that he/she is trained to operate. Also responsible for Programming, Setting, and Proving out new Products. You are expected to achieve defined set up times and cycle times and in cases where this is not achieved work with manufacturing engineering to close the gap. Responsible for creating and contributing to the creation of work instructions so that each process can be handed back to level 2 operators for repeat work
Skills & Competencies:
- Quality focused
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Industry awareness
Experience and Knowledge:
- Enjoys repetitive tasks that require a high level of dexterity and attention to detail
- Previous medical device assembly or small parts assembly
Key Duties/ responsibilities:
- Ensure that machine is operated in a safe manner in accordance with operating manual.
- Ensure coolant and oil levels are maintained.
- Set up repeat Jobs in line with work instructions.
- Adhere to set up times and if one cannot meet the times inform Section Team leader.
- Set up New Jobs in line with Customer requirements and SPL internal SOPs
- Program new work in line with Customer requirements and SPL internal SOPs.
- Support engineering with the planning of processes on New or Changed product.
- Conduct Manufacturing reviews of new drawings as part of Engineering Review.
- Feedback to Manufacturing Engineering and contribute to Root Cause analysis of manufacturing issues as and when required.
- Ensure cycle times are within acceptable limits and report to supervisor if they are not.
- Ensure that all products is measured and recorded in line with all requirements.
- Constantly monitor product and address any and all non-conformance.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping and be pro active on H&S issues.
- Adhere to cGMP standards and continually ensure that SOPs are followed.
- Keep self up to date with relevant SOPs and work practices.
- Work within all aspects of Health & Safety programme and adhere to company safety policies at all times.
- The employee is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s). Performs safety related duties as assigned.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to safety glasses and company uniform
- Must be flexible to support company as needed