Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: NPI Manager
Main Purpose of the job:
Continuous Improvement Engineers (CIE) provide support in areas of Continuous Improvement and facilitate individuals and teams by implementing change and improvements to processes throughout the organization.
The CIE is responsible for training of other personnel on continuous improvement tools and assures the highest quality and least costly manufacturing processes are put in place when improvements are made.
Improvement activities include but not limited to participation in, and leading of cross functional teams through, the execution of continuous improvement projects on processes and methods while focusing on customer satisfaction, quality, safety, and productivity using lean six sigma methodology and tools.
Skills & Competencies:
Excellent problem solving skills.
Experience and Knowledge:
Minimum of 3 years experience in continuous improvement,
Minimum of 5 years in a production or manufacturing environment,
Must have worked in a regulated environment,
Medical device experience essential.
Key Duties/ responsibilities:
- Act as a change agent in the organization by driving change and implementing continuous improvement processes, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies;
- Promote lean manufacturing practices by educating the organization in the use of lean principles;
- Utilize lean manufacturing tools (i.e. value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Gemba walks, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement;
- Actively participate in, and lead, cross functional teams through the execution of continuous improvement projects, of processes and methods, focused on customer satisfaction, quality, safety, and productivity using the Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools;
- Create and update work procedures, forms, and process flows based on projects;
- Track, monitor and report regularly on status of projects;
- Provide analytics to support the need for a change and the return on investment ;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Conduct Internal and Supplier Audits as required;
- Maintain Quality Documentation in the assigned areas of responsibility e.g. Work Instructions, SOP’s flow charts;
- Ensure that work areas and equipment are maintained in accordance with GMP standards;
- Ensure that any maintenance and Health and Safety problems/issues are reported;
- Maintain company Health and Safety standards including PPE (safety shoes, company uniform, safety glasses etc.);
- Ensure compliance with company procedures at all times;
- This list is not an exhaustive list of duties; you may be required to fulfil other Ad Hoc duties anywhere throughout the company as required.
- Employee is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s). Performs safety related duties as assigned;
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to safety glasses and company uniform;
- Must be flexible to support company as needed;