Many of our employees started their careers at Schivo and many people have come to value the friendships they have developed here. Become part of Schivo – a great place to work!
Due to ongoing business expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer Planner to join our Supply Chain Team based in our Waterford site. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, this role will be responsible for the cost-effective management and supply of assigned materials and components across a global supply base, while ensuring the availability of materials in line with planned requirements. This role may also involve a small level of customer order management. This role will work closely with Production, Planning, Warehouse, Engineering, QA, and QC.
Supply Chain Manager
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for the cost-effective management and supply of assigned materials and components across a global supply base.
Key Duties /Responsibilities:
- Managing the supply of materials into the plant while ensuring a high standard of customer service and without disruption to the production plan.
- Creating purchase orders within ERP system and ensuring these are kept up to date to allow for accuracy of information flow to Production and Planning.
- Continual communication with internal customers to ensure daily material availability for operational areas of the business.
- Minimise shortages to production plans, with a continual focus on 100% fill rate adherence.
- Highlight any major external supply issues in a timely manner to ensure focus on resolution within the Supply Chain team.
- Managing, analysing, and actioning customer forecast data.
- Identifying and challenging stock levels, MOQs and material lead times as a part of standard inventory management.
- Identify and drive cost reductions on a continual basis.
Other essential duties and responsibilities:
- Support and manage supply chain KPIs.
- Ensuring all quality and GMP standards are met.
- Compliance with all site Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements, training, and regulations.
- To perform additional team tasks as required to support the effective running of the business.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications and experience criteria:
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Preferably have a formal Supply Chain Management qualification, e.g. APICS, IIPMM, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably in a medical device or highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record in interpreting customer demand and production schedules in complex volume manufacturing environments, from single piece parts to multi-level assemblies.
- Must be detail orientated with the ability to prioritize and organize tasks to deliver on business objectives within a fast-paced environment.
- Have a proven ability to respond well to change and maintaining flexibility while focusing on key objectives.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative with strong problem solving and decision-making abilities, while also working as part of a multi-function team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral essential.
- Must have ERP systems experience with SAP, or equivalent ERP system.
- Must be highly computer literate in Excel and Microsoft office packages.